FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:28 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sddjd
As I read the wiki, the fly in the ointment would be the <12mo closure of the Plat Select preventing approval of the landing page offer.

I would prefer to use the landing-page offers due to the 2k vs 3k spend, but am willing to use the 3k personal unrestricted link if that's the most likely approval.

FYI I also plan to apply for the US 50k & 2k Biz MC (never had a Citi Biz card). Is it advisable that I stack the Pers/US apps within one day, then wait the requisite 8 days to follow up with the Biz MC?
I don't understand how your first question is a question. Yes, clearly having closed a Plat MC within 18 months disqualifies you for the landing page offer. Unless you have reason to think that Citi will, out of the goodness of it's heart, give you a bonus you don't qualify for. (Hint: Citi is not like that).

If you think you are near the limit for HPs with Citi, do the personal Citi app first, then the US right after getting a response from Citi. If not near a limit on HPs from Citi, and you already have a few recent apps, apply for the US first, since Barclays doesn't like seeing too many recent apps on your credit history. If neither of those applies, it doesn't matter which comes first.