FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:19 pm
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by sddjd
So, at risk of another repetetive post would like experts' opinion on my self-diagnosis:

2/27/14 - Opened Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (still open)
2/27/14 - Closed Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select (Master) Card

Have two other Plat Select cards, but they've been open for 10+ years (they're my long-term anchors)

As I read the wiki, the fly in the ointment would be the <12mo closure of the Plat Select preventing approval of the landing page offer.

I would prefer to use the landing-page offers due to the 2k vs 3k spend, but am willing to use the 3k personal unrestricted link if that's the most likely approval.

FYI I also plan to apply for the US 50k & 2k Biz MC (never had a Citi Biz card). Is it advisable that I stack the Pers/US apps within one day, then wait the requisite 8 days to follow up with the Biz MC?
It is guesswork at this point. My wife and I were in a similar situation except with Platinum Visas closed last year(we both have open ones as well). I also closed a Gold MC in the last 10 months. Neither of us had a problem with the $2K spend link.