FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking you through the airport
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:30 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
The more I think about it and read your replies the boarding status thing would be amazing. Even if it were just on the lounge screens. I'm so tired of walking up to the gate T-30 or T-25 and find they haven't even started.

I'm sure you guys who fly internationally more probably don't have this issue as much, but I show up fairly late because I don't feel like sitting around the airport, lounge or not. Half the time at T-30 on my YVR-YYC/YEG flights the aircraft isn't even there yet. As a former ground handler, I know that's not a HUGE problem, but I also know that obviously they can't board, and that we'll be a few minutes late leaving.

Now the other REALLY usefull function for this imo would be in customs. I know some airports have signs that say like "customs wait :20" something like that, and at YVR I know the agents who will go check the line use the posts as a guideline for how long it'll be.

How great would it be if AC could send a rep because they see an SE, or even a non-status party of 4, at the mid-point of the customs line so that they could usher them through rather than have them miss the flight or delay it.