FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:14 pm
Snow Goose

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
J IKK is consistently tied to R (I don't think I've seen any examples where that's not the case), and I've seen flights that are J4 R4 Y0.

I've seen some mid Flex fares (H I think) on flights that were sold out.

I think if you're not willing to call Aeroplan and ask the simple question of how many seats have been booked on the flight, then you shouldn't be making accusations. Get that answer, and then everything's fair game

Edit: In fact, I can see a mainline YVR-YYZ flight that's J0 Y3...Q1. No IKK available. Q is a halfway down the list of flex fares
Unless AC has changed things this year, you cannot IKK J award seats when the flight is oversold period. It doesn't matter if the flight is J9R9 or whatever.

To your second point, why would Aeroplan have even the slightest clue as to whether the flight is oversold or not? That is information that only AC should/could have.(or am I missing something?).

Finally, I'm not really making accusations or trying to smear AC - anyone can see from my posting history that I choose to fly AC and generally give them the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, even the most ardent SE100k flyer is aware that there have been negative changes to IKK reward availability this year and every year for the past half decade. Hopefully you are correct and this isn't another one.

SG