FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:43 pm
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Fuerza
When does the 37 day clock start? At approval or when the card is activated. I can meet the min spend rather quickly I'm just trying to figure out the window of opportunity.

Also the guys that have churned and burned these cards has your credit taken a bad hit with opening and closing accounts in a 30ish day period? I did 2 of these cards last summer and called it good. Now I'm interested again.
The 37 day clock starts when the fee is charged by Citi, not when the account is opened or activated. The fee is reported to have posted as early as 2 days after the card arrives (rare) to 3 months after the card arrives (uncommon, happened to us once) to never (very rare).

Here's my TU score from Barclays. My first Exec card was opened in January '14. I opened 6 Citi cards and 10 other cards in 2014, after opening 18 in 2013. My score fell to 757 in July because I let a couple of cards' statements close with high utilization. I do have 10+ of years spotless credit history, mortgage, car loan, etc. I'm pretty sure you know this, but for anyone who sees it THIS IS NOT LIKELY POSSIBLE WITH A THIN CREDIT FILE.