FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:39 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I have never seen a situation where a flight is oversold in economy but AC is still willing to sell 5+ Flex fares for $389 each. Usually only Latitude or higher fares are available when the flight approaches an oversell situation, and certainly after reaching capacity. As an additional data point, 3 business class IKK seats were available on the first flight that I noticed this pattern on, even though no economy IKK was available. It has been long-standing AC policy to NOT allow IKK of business class seats if the economy cabin is oversold.

I have already moved on - changed my travel plans rather than pursue the matter further. Having said that, until or unless Ben or another AC representative clarifies the situation I'm starting to believe that AC has begun to restrict IKK access on at least some Rouge flights where they expect to sell out (in advance of actually selling out).

SG
J IKK is consistently tied to R (I don't think I've seen any examples where that's not the case), and I've seen flights that are J4 R4 Y0.

I've seen some mid Flex fares (H I think) on flights that were sold out.

I think if you're not willing to call Aeroplan and ask the simple question of how many seats have been booked on the flight, then you shouldn't be making accusations. Get that answer, and then everything's fair game

Edit: In fact, I can see a mainline YVR-YYZ flight that's J0 Y3...Q1. No IKK available. Q is a halfway down the list of flex fares

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 20, 2015 at 9:50 pm