FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:13 pm
Condition One

Programs: Free Agent
This property just vaulted to the top of my favorite hotels list! It’s in a perfect location. A 5 minute walk from the crowds of St. Mark’s square, and right next to a Vaporetto stop (Line 1) which gives you easy access to all the tourist sights.

Coming from the airport, a private water taxi was 110 Euros. I was upgraded to a large Serenissima suite that was absolutely fantastic. You get two 750mL bottles of water a day (Acqua Panna and San Pelligrino). On top of that, you get two 500mL bottles of the same in your minibar. Platinums get a full breakfast as their amenity, and the food is top notch and super high quality. The fruit was amazingly fresh. You can order hot items off the menu such as eggs benedict.

All the staff that I interacted with were friendly and helpful, giving the hotel a warm atmosphere. The gym is open 24/7, but is real small. It’s limited to two treadmills, and elliptical, and a cycle machine. WiFi is fast. Drinks at the bar are expensive, but worth it for the view. As I had an early morning departure, the hotel allowed me to settle the bill the night before, which let me just drop the keys off in the morning. I’m already thinking about returning to this hotel!