FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our ship rescued someone who fell off the ship
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:14 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by mikeef
Glad to help derail. The cruise thread is under-served, anyway.

"Amazing" is a relative term, similar to the way that they describe all those jewelry deals on land. We describe it as equivalent to Bar Mitzvah food. The meat is always overcooked, since they're cooking for thousands of people, while they go heavy on the pasta because it's cheap (and kids like it). The term we would use for it is "adequate." As you know, though, people often confuse quantity with quality, and we felt that the best food on the cruise came from the grill on Deck 9.

I thought the food was equivalent to what we've had on Princess (which has gone downhill) and not as good as Celebrity (which rated as wedding food) or Holland America (which rated as "good wedding food").

The plus side is that very few of the desserts or baked goods were worth the calories, so we cut down on those as the cruise went on. It's hard to screw up a salad.

Having said all that, my parents went on Oceania and thought the food was wonderful, and their tastes are more sophisticated than mine.

Mike
We were afraid of this, despite being fans of Disney in general . . . which is exactly why we booked Crystal over Disney for our family cruise. Hopefully it lives up to expectations!