FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My SPG Account Got Hacked
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:31 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by abaaz
Got multiple emails while I was asleep last night telling me my SPG account information has been updated I hadn't logged into my account in months so called SPG. Could not login or verify any of my personal information with the rep as the perp had changed everything so they couldn't do anything for me on the phone.

I had over 150K SPG points which were apparently cashed out for Amazon gift cards and mailed to an address in Illinois. Sending an email to SPG now hopefulyy they can clear this out soon.

Wondeirng if this has happened to anyone else recently as it would mean theres been some kind of breach?
I got one of these emails today after making a reservation but not going near my profile. I didn't see any changes to my profile, I called, and the Plat Concierge couldn't see any changes either. He had me do the experiment of logging out and logging in fresh to look for changes. His impression was that some glitch is causing the "you've made an update to your SPG account" email to be sent when it should not be. Since it tells you to call immediately if you have not made any changes to your profile, that's what I did.