FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:07 pm
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
It's been "renovated" twice in the past five years but haven't seen much improvement.

The place is way too small to accommodate everyone they give access to, They close after breakfast and don't open up again until like 5 p.m. Last time I was there it was so crowded it reminded me of being at the Palmer House before the made the lounge improvements and I had to take my breakfast back to my room since there was no place sit.

I left a pretty bad review of the lounge on TA and was told that they had received many complaints and are looking to give gold's a different breakfast alternative if they aren't on the exec floors (currently all gold's get access regardless of the floor they are on).

I'd rather they just give diamond's a full breakfast instead.
The LAX Hilton is a great example of why just having a lounge per se is not necessarily a premium experience and your comments above are dead on. The LAX Hilton Lounge needs to doubled and more importantly they need to provide a LOT more food relative to the traffic. If you go when the evening lounge hours begin, you better get what you want on your first plate. Because if you leisurely enjoy your food and drink by the time you get back to the food, it will look like a pack of hyenas just ran through the executive lounge, everything picked clean except for perhaps some random garnishes.