FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marrakesh & Morocco Desert Safari
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:06 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Question Marrakesh Desert Safari

Hello all,
I did a search for a thread about this but didn't see anything, hence me asking and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Next month, I'm going to Marrakech with the main intention of doing a desert trek into Erg Chebbi/Mergouza (sorry if I mispelt them)
Now my days are fixed (Feb 16-18) so I was hoping to do the standard tour with the main highlight being the night in the desert and a camel ride during sunrise and sunset.

The few tour companies I've contacted based on ratings on tripadvisor either only run private tours or don't take solo travellers ie. have to book as a group, which sucks since I'm a solo traveller.

I have found a few that do take solo travellers but when everyone else's going rate is €150 and theirs is €80, the old saying "if it's too good to be true, it likely is" plays in my head. I have no issue paying a bit more, but I'm on a budget and there's a big difference between going up to €200-ish vs €500.

I'm not expecting anything luxurious by any means and am ok with roughing it, but would prefer NOT to have bedbugs, roaches or rats as roomies.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone can maybe make a recommendation or 2.

Worst case, i stay in Marrakech and do day trips, but I really have my heart set on the desert and want to make it happen.

Thanks again!