FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:36 am
oatsmeal

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I'm a possibility to bail given my suspicions. I'm in a situation where I will likely qualify for CX's highest revenue tier some years, but not all. My butt-in-seat direct spend is probably at least 250k and less than 400k USD on CX/KA metal in the last 6 years,
... I'd rather just go somewhere where I can accumulate miles at a much faster pace. [/B]
If you bail, it would be CX's loss as discretionary spending in the range of USD$400k is no small sum. Investment bankers fly on corporate account tickets that are at least 50% off the base fare, but I presume someone like QRC3288 pays published fare.

My questions to QRC3288:
(1) Would you keep flying CX J/F class, just accumulate the miles in another program? If you answer yes, CX gets to keep your premium travel business, while manages to lower the "mileage" liabilities on their books at the same time.
(2) You would likely stop using CX for Y travel, no? Wouldn't that be better for CX because they can just treat all Y passengers as good (or as bad), rather than offering soft-product enhancements for their DMs as it stand now?
Pardon me for the questions directed to you, but I thought your response would be more helpful as you do have discretion over which carrier you choose.