FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, Orlando [Master Thread]
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:55 pm
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
We booked for the beginning of May. I was told we'd be in the newest phase- St. Augustine I think it was called. And that it was right outside the kid's pool. I saved the letter confirming the details including the jetted tub b/c not all rooms have them.

We get no housekeeping unless we want to pay extra, and no toiletries, and 5000 points. But they did say there's a store nearby (probably marked up a lot) where we can get dishwashing liquid and Tide, shampoo, etc.

Today after FOUR days I finally got the email confirmation and it is in my husband's name! I called, it was addresses to me, I think they put it in his name bc I DID put it on his credit card. So I will have to fix that. I want ALL those points going to MY account- my husband doesn't even HAVE one!

I didn't read anything about needing to sit through a presentation, though we DID do one at the Westin Maui years ago. It wasn't in the written info and wasn't mentioned on the phone, so I'll definitely ask about it. We would never buy since I'm already gone so much, and as I'm soon to be Lifetime Plat, I want to stay where my status means something. This property doesn't even do late check-outs or any of the Plat amenities, at least that is what it says.

If my hubby wasn't so Gung-ho about this, I wouldn't do it. I'm not a big Florida fan. Being close to my Lifetime Platinum status, I am not happy that I don't get credit for my nights or stay. But it IS a good deal. And we can change our dates if we pay $50, so if for some reason the rates there drop to $100 a night, I'd happily pay that and get housekeeping AND my stay/nights. I like the 5000 points, but again, need to make sure they put this whole thing in my name.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes, and if I think it's worth the trip. So far, it does sound as if they know what they're doing!