FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:06 pm
seacarl

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by adambadam
I had a very similar sentiment on my first visit and it was on a Wednesday no less. I can't imagine how crowded this place must be on a more busy day. Not sure how AMEX goes about trying to calculate foot traffic before they open one of these, but they missed the mark this time for the size of the space they got.
It does seem like they underestimated demand for a lounge that offers a better product than the airline lounges. But DFW should have been good market data. Maybe SFO also has more delays, more O/D traffic, and more premium cardholders.

And maybe Amex is giving away more than they intended to. When LAS first opened it was only for Centurion members, and some Platinum members got one-time passes. They may plan to return to a model what Platinum cardholders get a limited number of passes and have to pay for additional visits.

I do appreciate the superior product as compared to a United Club, DL Skyclub or Admirals Club.