FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:19 pm
LR2013

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Lol, no one in Hollywood reads Variety or Entertainment Weekly. And no bloggers read this forum.

Poor guy seems to need his fans to give him some ego juice.

Fact is he makes his living judging products and people by making his life a product for others to consume. A good living by his own account.

I get that he doesn't want to be judged himself. I'm sure the guy who changed into PJs in the LH cabin would feel the same way if he knew that he was being mocked on that blog.

But a blogger complaining about being judged is a lot like a Kardashian complaining about the paparazzi.
Was also amused at the timing of his article this morning. Mighty coincidental coincidence. And yes, it seems he does need reassurance from the fan base on occasion.

I don't think he understands how entitled he sounds sometimes. Similar to Kardashian-like values, Ben's travel world mostly consists of the best international F flight, a bubbly glass of Krug (or 3), the best F lounge or even better, F terminal, Silvercar rentals, hotel suites, and now, apparently, rubbing shoulders with Richard Quest and His Excellency from Qatar airlines.

The blog has gone from good points and miles advice to, "Hello from the F terminal! Look at my Givenchy pj's and Emirates shower" lifestyle-type posts. That is totally fine, it's his blog. Just don't try to convince us that you're culturally "taking one for the team" and suffering through these travels for the sake of the readers, LOL.

Last edited by LR2013; Jan 16, 2015 at 6:56 pm