FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What jobs / careers require or involve travel? (merged 2014+)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:25 am
LupineChemist

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
My God - there are SO MANY jobs out there that require 75% or more time travel its amazing that people can't find them. Many of these jobs are in Sames Management, Sourcing, Production, etc. Most of these jobs are middle to management and you would be surprised how hard it is for my companies to find people willing to spend this much time on the road.

We have a number of employees who must spend 50-75% of their time traveling internationally, we offer what I consider and excellent salary, all business class travel and yet, we can't find enough "qualified people"

Its not hard to find a job where you spend a lot of time on the road but bosses are not stupid. Its a JOB!!! There fact the employee does not mind traveling is great but anyone applying who spends more time in the interview talking about "where will I go, who will I fly, etc ,etc will be shown the door. Travel is secondary compared to the reason for the positioning the first place.
It's easy to find young recent grads willing to put in that amount of time. It's harder to find people with the experience you need that have settled down a bit.