FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dog in the MLL
Thread: Dog in the MLL
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:20 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thanks all for your comments.

At one point, she was holding the dog in her arms near the food station.
Either the lounge agents saw or someone else must have said something.

The dog was not an emotional support animal and its owner could care less about what she was told as she continued to walk the dog up and down the lounge, when she was not busy near the food.

I actually found it interesting that while the lounge was quite populated at the time, no one went up to her directly. There was a couple sitting next to us at another table. One said "we're animal lovers, but they do not belong in a lounge with open food stations".

Originally Posted by Stranger
But what's the dog's FF status?
Answer: Hmm, didn't see a Zone 1 / Altitude card

Originally Posted by yvrgary
I'd happily miss a flight to stick around and call the cops on this one. It's fun to watch people like this learn that the rules apply to everyone.
^

Originally Posted by Dorian
They should just call the airport police. Done deal.
^

As for police, this is LAX. They are part of the wallpaper.

Originally Posted by jjclancy
OP: need more info. Was the animal being represented by its owner as being a pet? How was it behaving?
Dog was a dog. Owner clearly couldn't care less about rules.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The red vest suggests that it's a (fake) emotional support doggy. Service dogs have special privileges under USA law that pets don't.
Exactly.

Personal comment: I actually felt bad for the dog because when she left the lounge she went downstairs into the terminal, which was packed with people and rollaboards and construction crews. Poor dog, I thought