FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:30 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TravelBug1314
Hi. Thanks in advance for any help/info regarding my itinerary.

Booked LAS-DFW-LHR on AA F some months ago for April travel. DFW-LHR on AA#80. Schedule change of about 2 hours later thus AA changed our flights later on same day about 2 months ago. That didn't make much of a difference to me, however noted yesterday that now AA#80 changed to business class only, no F.

My question, before I call US Air, is what my options are? Can I ask US Air to talk to AA regarding putting us on F class AA#78 or less likely AA#50 from DFW to LHR on the same day? AA#78's flight time is pretty close to what my original time was. Anything specific I should say to US Air to make the change?

Thanks. Just want to know my options before I call US Air since that is always a long, somewhat painful process.
US and AA are (for the moment) separate airlines, so AA is less likely to open award inventory out of a revenue bucket than if this was an AA award (plus I would assume "us" means "at least two awards"). Do you have any AA or US status? That might help.

I'd probably push for getting mileage returned, assuming there are no onward flights in F after LHR (if there are you are hosed, one leg in 3-class F = F award). AA F is a marginal upgrade over AA's newest J on the 77D (if that is indeed what you are getting), and there's no Flagship Lounge in DFW anyways. Since it's "us", sounds like you'd be getting back at least 25K miles (assuming 2 one way F->J downgrades on North America->Europe).