FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:25 am
kwflyer
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I think in FLL there's a UA club which is what you'd use. At MIA though the only * lounges are for J/F on LH/LX if I'm not mistaken.

I think there used to be a contract lounge with TAM but then TAM left the alliance and I think that changed things.

I hope this changes, there's enough UA/CM/AV/AC traffic in MIA to have something, but I'm not there often so I guess it doesn't really matter that much to me in the grand scheme of things.
There is indeed a UA UC at FLL, on the small side but never overly crowded when I've been there. And they start pouring booze early in the morning. Very contemporary terminal compared to the dumpy grounds of the rest of the airport.

Agree the Club America lounges are underwhelming. I suspect the reason that no N.American carrier has opened a lounge at MIA is because of yields (there is premium traffic but that is pressed downward from the competitive leisure prices).

I did hear Avianca in talks with opening a lounge in the J concourse, and this would suit them (and us) well as MIA is a focus city for them and no doubt have more business traffic than leisure traffic that could justify the lounge expense.