FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing/Cancelling return journey for my son
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:32 am
JoeJoeTheJoey

Changing/Cancelling return journey for my son

Hi There Everyone,

I bought return tickets with Cathay Pacific (directly online) for London to Hong Kong for my son and myself.

We are currently in Hong Kong and scheduled to leave on the 20th January. However, we managed to find a school in Hong Kong who are willing to offer my son a place starting at the end of January. Therefore my son will not be travelling with me.

When I purchased my ticket, I was told that there would be no refunds, but changes were charged at £100. However, since I booked both tickets under the same reservation (because my son is only 6 years old and cannot travel alone), I had to book together. Cathay Pacific will not let me change just one passenger journey. It has to be for both of us.

Now I have a dilemma, if my son just doesn't show for the flight, will it be dealt with as no-show? Will I be charged? Will I still be able to travel without him? Is there any possible way of changing just my son's ticket?

Thanks for your time and advice!

Joe