FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rental car at CDG and on to Normandy
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:54 pm
b1513

Originally Posted by stimpy
I rent often in France and there's nothing special to consider, other than the radar cameras as mentioned. Although I generally drive a few kph over the limit which accounts for the skewed speedometers in cars here. Never a ticket. But all the fixed radar cameras here are advertised by signage well before you come to the camera. And they are noted in many GPS's and perhaps Waze. That doesn't help you with the occasional mobile radar that the police might set up. In any case when I see a radar camera coming up, I slow down.

The only thing to watch out for when renting is to make sure you have unlimited kilometers. Sometimes they sneak in a cheap rate which only allows 200km per day, but that is usually when you pick up in one location and return to another. If you are picking up and dropping off at CDG you should be ok, with Avis or Hertz at least.
stimpy, I never knew this and we've driven in France many times. What exactly does the signage say advertising the radar cameras? I don't speak
much French so it would be helpful to know this. Would it be pour votre securite?

Bobette

Last edited by b1513; Jan 14, 2015 at 9:05 pm Reason: Spelling