FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Charlotte & Le Meridien Charlotte North Carolina
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:28 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Based on online reviews I've seen, this is the basic gist of what I'm picking up from Le Méridien:

- Renovations to the public areas are very sharp and contemporary; lots of wood and black/white with splashes of yellow.
- Room upgrades aren't as well received: corners appear to have been cut since wallpaper is peeling, the beds have metal frames that are proving hazardous to toes and bathrooms have rusty bits and the glass shower screens are short enough to the point that water splashes out everywhere.
- Not much has been said about public areas and facilities but Le Méridien is planning to introduce a rooftop bar within the next few months that should provide a new option in Charlotte.

Seems like a bit of a shame but hopefully the hotel will get its act together seeing as it just opened in December. I love the Le Méridien chain and seeing them expand in the US is nothing less than amazing; bring it on.

khabah