FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways miles expiring, how/when keep/reinstate them (merged)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:04 am
wilful

Barclays Card

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
I was astonished -- really astonished -- to discover that all I had to do to revive 3K forfeited miles was open a Barclays US Air MasterCard account. I had actually just done this anyway to snag an extra 50K soon-to-be AA miles before the program merger. The forfeited miles reposted a couple of days ago.

This was all a fringe benefit of linking my US and AA accounts since I wouldn't have looked at my US account otherwise and I had thought the miles were gone for ever. Luckily for me, the US website is actually very, very clear on this topic.
Having had dozens of different credit cards over 50 years, and never any problems with any of them - I gotta tell you - the Barclays Bank one was the big exception. Their North American customer service was very, very poor.The card itself worked just fine. I see no problem with anyone using the card - so long as they do not envision ever having to contact customer service. I only had the card because U.S. Airways dropped Bank of America VISA, and went to Barclays MasterCard. Obviously, a cost cutting move; you get what you pay for.