FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Business Class for FIRST time - What to know and do?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:59 pm
pitz

Show up early and enjoy the MLLs? Make good use of all-you-can drink liquor? I know, any adult over 19 can go to the LCBO and buy the same liquors for cheap and drink them at home, but there's just a certain 'something' about self-serve liquor on someone else's dime!

At the end of the day, you're going to an airport, getting on an airplane, and 5 hours later, you'll be on the ground. Anything the in-flight staff can offer, they *will* offer. And unfortunately (unlike when I was 16), they don't do in-flight cockpit visits anymore.

Personally I would've tagged something else onto a YYZ-YVR J award flying-wise if you wanted to make a bit of a more substantial vacation out of it.

For instance, YYZ-YVR-SEA, SEA-YVR (stopover) - YYZ. Or any one of a gazillion other connections out of YVR allowable on a domestic reward. ie: YLW, YPR, YXY, YYJ, YCD for a day, etc. After all, you're redeeming the reward, so may as well maximize it.

If you wanna get creative, there are even lots of opportunities to connect with VIA Rail and take the train through the mountains, either the Edmonton to Vancouver route, or the Edmonton to Prince Rupert line -- something that everyone should try at least once in their lifetime. I'm personally doing that this summer on my way to Newfoundland with the family, all on the cheap ClassicFlight redemptions.

Last edited by pitz; Jan 13, 2015 at 7:11 pm