FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:51 am
Roger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by oscietra
Book the westin on www.priceline.com using www.biddingfortravel.com to see the most recent lowest rates. $75/$80 night seems the norm at present.
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
I've stayed in a few of the hotels on West Century Blvd. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton Gateway, Radisson ( now The Concourse Hotel ) To be honest not much to choose between them. So unless you have some status with a chain, for such a short stay I'd just go for whatever is the cheapest ... All the hotels between The Concourse and Hilton are easily walkable to all LAX terminals if you only have carry on / 1 piece of larger luggage.
+1 to the idea of using priceline.com for a 1-night stay at LAX especially if points earning or status benefits are not important.

I've stayed at most of the hotels on and just off W Century, very often with PL. They're much of a muchness for a 1-night stay (though Hilton did comp me with a lounge breakfast, but I don't think they do that any more). My next two stays were booked with PL and turned out to be at the Westin @ $75 and $74. The links posted by oscietra are useful.

I usually pick up a car at LAX and hotel location can be relevant. Walking from the Marriott to the rental agencies is OK but for some, a shuttle bus to LAX and another to Hertz/Avis/whatever can do it if a little time consuming.

OT: I see that Fox car rental is adjacent to the Westin so walkable and rates via carrentals.com and holidayautos.com look good. I've never used them, nor heard of them. Has anybody any experience?

As for walking from hotels to LAX (I didn't know the Radisson had become The Concourse), I'd find walking from the Hilton and some others a walk too far and would stick to the shuttle bus.

Last edited by Roger; Jan 13, 2015 at 8:02 am Reason: typo