FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walked as Plat 100 by Westin St. Francis on $ 781 room rate
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:08 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Not all hotels have strong systems, and we often are arriving off flights after midnight, or even as late as 6AM the next morning.
I do this sometimes when I know I will be arriving after midnight or 1 a.m. or so - but for some reason didn't think of it when arriving at 10 p.m., and with the status and all. Also, I couldn't do it as I was on a plane without internet access from Hong Kong to San Francisco for 11 hours or so. And when I landed, I had that additional e-mail telling me to "rest easy". To tell you the truth, it was obvious to me that this must have been triggered automatically by something having been done to the reservation, but I assumed that they must have upgraded us, possibly to a suite - I guess I was spoiled after traveling in Asia for two weeks (Sheraton Sukhumvit, Conrad Maldives, Conrad Koh Samui, Conrad Bangkok) .

Back to (US) reality, I guess .

I did send the GM a message via Linkedin, and also mentioned that I started a thread here. We'll see what happens when we go there later. It's a major inconvenience to have to go back and forth with all the luggage and in between tons of meetings. Didn't get much sleep either, as you can see by my posting times.

But venting a bit on Flyertalk by writing down what happened is somewhat therapeutic. Thanks for listening .