FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:45 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I was there in October/November. I'm a poor Trip Report-er, but happy to answer any questions?

I'm SPG Plat, and had booked the lowest category room. Upgraded to Ocean View Suite (just an amazing room) with a large balcony on the 1st floor, that overlooked the main swimming pool. SPG Plat breakfast is at Olea, which again, is just brilliant. A huge spread of food items, including for a fussy vegetarian like myself. Managed to find 5 different things to eat each of the 5 days, which for me is a rarity in any hotel!

Pool is fantastic, and the adults-only area is also a nice place to hang out. Both my kids spent a lot of time at the kids club, but also with us by the main pool. The beach area is nice too. Lots of shells, so take flip flops, but lovely to just hang out at, and nice and clean.

The Collection across the lobby (literally) is also a welcome addition since my last visit. Has several restaurants, all very different, and a small supermarket for essentials and snacks. Spent a lot of time at Baskin Robbins there.

Staff are simply incredible. They really got to know us (and especially my young kids) which helped make it feel extra special, especially for them.

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, but I'd highly recommend a stay here for anyone. Sadly, it's a bit busier than it was when I first went, so it can be difficult to get sun beds near the pool at times - but if you can cope with snagging one early, or not needing one all the time - it's just a fantastic place. I will return, guaranteed. My favourite SPG property that I've stayed at so far (and I've stayed in hundreds). That said, staying at StR Bali soon, so interested to see how it compares. Prior to finding this property, we'd always lean towards Dubai. Since we first stayed here, we've not been back to Dubai even once.

Hope you're able to go there, and enjoy as great a stay as we've had.