FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:16 am
jubbing

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by onlysuites
OT but do you like EK skywards? I find it one of the worst for redemptions. Its so expensive.
I'll admit - it is not *fantastic* for redemptions, and I've probably flown Business with them 3 times in the last year - but I do enjoy their planes & service. Buying a business class return ticket to Dubai is about 54k, which is not bad considering Qatar charges 74k (though the Qatar dreamliner planes are wicked).

Still, I always have to fly to Australia (melbourne), and Malaysian Airlines or Emirates serves as a much better option for me in recent past - as I don't believe there are any direct flights from Asia to Melbourne via Ethihad (have to go via Sydney or Brisbane - not worth it).

I notice Prestige gives you *up to* 15% discount on Business/First class (not through points), has anyone seen if it's worth it or not?

EDIT: I wonder - has anyone even been able to triple dip with the PM card? Aka - Use the Citi PM card to purchase a ticket on makemytrip, so you get Makemytrip points x 10, Citi PM points, AND Frequent Flyer miles - or does that not exactly work?

Last edited by jubbing; Jan 12, 2015 at 5:27 am