FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:43 pm
ENFO

Trip Timing re FIS Championships 2015

Thank you for your replies - much appreciated. I am aware of the comparisons with other Park Hyatts, that is not a problem for me. Lift tickets and the infamous $50 valet parking - it just has to be added to the cost. On with the questions...

Is a car needed given we're tied to Beaver Creek at least 3 out of 4 days because of ski school? Will we need one to go snow mobiling for example? Otherwise, we would do a shuttle or service from DEN or EGE.

It's the trip timing I'm worried about and whether the whole ski and stay experience would be affected by any crowds from Ski Championships. Although I can see the events are at Birds of Prey (thank you for the link), I read that Red Tail stadium holds 10,000 people. I imagine the media and athletes will be staying somewhere. I have visions of a hotel lobby and ski lifts looking like Disneyworld on a holiday weekend...

Sorry if I exaggerate. We are coming from FL, my husband is a good skier (lived in UT for a while) but I do the bare minimum, and the trip is to introduce our 7 yr old to skiing - the convenience of the ski school, the ski valet, ski in/out, is a big factor for me. He thinks you can't beat Beaver Creek, but that going during the Ski Championships would be overwhelming. I just want to be realistic about what to expect.

eta. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by ENFO; Jan 12, 2015 at 7:36 am