FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:54 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I don't think that we have any data points. They've just changed the rules. This is not simply a re-wording of the same rules, because in the past there was one "clock" combined for gold and platinum; now there are two. Since they have certainy changed some things, I think it would be a mistake to assume that nothing else has changed. So I think that data points from the old rules are not helpful here.

Your interpretation may very well be correct. But until someone tests it we won't know.
^

And I think another data point that may no longer apply is the idea that if you don't qualify for a bonus, Citi will simply deny your app, and not even do a HP. This has proven to no longer be the case with the EXEC card, where people who unknowingly used the new link that states 'not in the last 18 months', did in fact get the card issued to them. But the approval letter did not have the usual promise of a sign up bonus, and when they completed the spend, they did not get any bonus miles at all.

Will they do the same thing with Gold and Plat cards? No way to know until several people who don't qualify apply and post their results.