FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:28 am
Radiant Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They used to have a VIP Guest Service manager here... Yvonne Yip. I know she has left, have they not replaced her? In the past she took great care of Diamond Members, you just send her an email that you were coming and everything was taken care of. When she left VIP service went downhill.
Beyond the view there is nothing special about this hotel, food is awful, and service is hit and miss. Rooms need a refresh is not total renovation.

Originally Posted by Droch
The front desk staff is very hit and miss here and some of the managers have no clue how to take care of people. I live in Jersey City and book rooms for Family that come and stay with us. We have gotten some of the worst rooms and when they try and explain the upgrade and the extra cost, I asked shouldn't you be just doing this for free for a Diamond. The upgrades in many cases are not really any better. Also they have a big party room on the upper floor that actually causes the end rooms with the views to be unusable some evenings as the party upstairs is too loud.

I have actually had to tweet to hyatt and finally got the general manager to take care of things but it really should not come to this. There are enough tourist that are just booking a room that when their preferred guest stay they should do a little more.