FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:21 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk flying novice

Originally Posted by flying novice
6) Will it be okay to book economy as the postings on the forum seem to be for business/first class.

Thanks for your help
Let me also welcome you to Flyertalk, flying novice, welcome in particular to the BA forum. It's good to see you here, and - in respect of your point above - it would be good to here more from the World Traveller end, as you rightly point out, it doesn't feature here so often. Having said that, I'm glad you have come across us here, since with a bit of ingenuity you may well be able to go further forward in the future. Welcome on board.

You have had some good advice from Calchas. I'd re-iterate the point that turning up umpteen hours before departure is an urban myth (possibly excepting some charter flights where the operators want the flexibility to leave early). For mainstream flights at sensible airports, an hour with hand baggage only and 90 minutes with checked luggage is ample, maybe a little more for a few locations such as ski resorts at peak times, or those with difficult exit procedures in the Middle East.

Don't forget to tell us how you get on with this trip.