FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR USA: 40% transfer bonus to British Airways 12.15.2014 to 1.31.2015
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:49 am
flyaxa

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by alex1089
How do you guys manage to score any economy flights? Most dates and trips that I've checked simply say unavailable.

I want to transfer points from two accounts but am afraid I won't have the opportunity to use them.

And from what I understand most other miles programs rarely offer any bonuses for transfers.

By the way I'm mostly looking for domestic US flights, or maybe KLM or Lufthansa.
Where and how are you searching? For domestic, you can search AA.com. To use Avios you must find MileSAAver space, preferably on direct routes (Avios charges on each segment). When you find it on AA.com, you can then either feed it into BA.com, which doesn't always work, or call BA to book. Do a Google or FT search for "Booking American awards with Avios" for more detail.

For KLM flights, you'll need to transfer MRs to Delta or Flying Blue. Not sure of a way, off the top of my head to book Lufthansa with MRs.