FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI-MBJ-BWI on WN and the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Jamaica
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:47 pm
trev555555

The first couple days we were there we mostly hung by the pool. Then, I thought to myself, "I really wish this pool had a beach entrance." Then my brain responded, "you know what does have a beach entrance? The beach." 10 brownie points for my brain (and I did get 10 brownies on the trip, which I'm sure went straight to my brain, so we are even). We spent most of the rest of the trip hanging by the beach.

The beach was not anywhere in the league of Negril, but it was still nice. There was a bit of seaweed in the water and washing up on shore, but it wasn't excessive. The water was not very clear, but there is nothing the resort can do about that, and it might be due to the time of year. The sand was sandy like sand should be. There were some sharp rocks in the sand and in the water, but not anything major. You don't need water shoes.

On the Ziva side of the resort, large rocks were placed about 50 feet from the beach to create an artificial lagoon. It worked effectively to limit waves and make the water great for splashing about in.

The Ziva beach

From a different angle

The nephews having a good time

My son brainstorming his latest sand creation

My nephew and son working on the creation

Two of the boys work hard while the third does downward facing dog beach yoga

My nephew showing that the water was pretty murky

Yes, there was seaweed in the water, but this is the worst of it

The Mrs., my nephew, my son, and I working on our upper body strength

My brother and my nephew trying to see fish

My sister-in-law and nephew with some J.J. Abrams len's flare (and the jerk chicken shack in the background)

More upper-body workouts