FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:33 pm
IceTrojan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleRedBear
I'm not exactly a newbie but haven't been able to find the answer to my question on the interwebs or searching in this forum.

Is there a list somewhere of current Alaska Airlines fare classes? On the AS website, I see information about upgrades/promotion/etc. that are conditioned on certain fare classes, but am clueless about what those fare classes are. I can ferret out some information by looking at tickets, doing a mock booking, etc., but it would be a LOT easier if there was just a list somewhere.

Thanks very much.
What those promotions are talking about are what we know as "fare buckets" or "fare codes." The best "list" IMO is through Expert Flyer, which I use to see what available fare buckets there are on particular flights. 95% of the time it's so I know which flights are the cheapest. 5% of the time is because I want a particular fare for some reason (e.g., to qualify for bonuses, particular routings/stopovers, etc.).

Other than EF, ITA will show you what fare bucket a price itinerary books into. In AS's case, the cheapest coach tickets will be in T, which probably also doesn't qualify for some promotions.

Hope that helps.