FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:53 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Puxi (Shanghai)

IC Puxi

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not so much this time. While the room upgrade was OK (though unnecessary as I was travelling alone,) the failure of this hotel to follow the RA rules, by adding a revenue component to their RA recognition, makes this property less desirable.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive:
A "Double-Eleven" rate for the lowest level, upgraded to junior suite-actually, not really a suite as it's just a larger king bed room. I had requested a Club room with Club access, one of the choices per the RA rules, but it was denied.

How are the rooms?
Corner large king bed room with a view (of course, the air quality is low, so.....) and great open feeling. Decent lighting as well. Separate shower stall in the bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
Usually it's great, but I wasn't offered Club access, though I repeatedly requested it, instead of the "Jr. Suite."

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a painted tile plus a bowl of fruit and chocolates and a Perrier.

How was the minibar?
The WORST stocked of any IC I've ever stayed at. Two Cokes, Two Sprites, Two Diet Cokes, Two Heinekens, and Two Tsingtao's, all warm as the minibar is not turned on. NO wine or spirits anywhere in the room. Too bad about their negative attitude shown towards RA's. Of course, I only drink in moderation and don't pack the rest of them in the luggage.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The price.
I used to like it much better than the GH where I have previously stayed, but now it's back to the GH.

-Bad
RA recognition with no Club access and pitiful minibar

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Still a good value at 702 rmb++ but not as good as before their unilateral change in the rules.

Would you return?
Maybe, at a low enough rate.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 20, 2015 at 9:59 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only