FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last minute plane downgrade due to engineering - Compensation?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:12 am
bertheike

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I disagree and would encourage the OP to definitely write-in and complain. They shoudn't be flying that product anymore.
^ That's the Point ! If them promote a specific product on the Website, them should deliver it. If I buy a " Granny Smith " and them give me a " Boscop " ( both are apples ) , but it's still different.
Them also could have sent another aircraft with the same seatproduct, but may be for some economic reason them did not ! But this is in responsibility of the Airline, so them should pay a compensation.
By the way, my experience with SQ was different. Last March we were on a trip HKT-BKK-SIN-MLE, was an USair Award in Business class. SQ Airplane in BKK delayed due to tech. Problem more than 90 minutes. Pilote managed to park the aircraft next to the one flying to MLE. @ the aircraft door someone waited, piked us and said " we have to run them only wait 5 minutes for us " , but our luggage will not make it on that flight.
I agreed, and when we landed in MLE, already someone stand there with a paper with our names. Them sorry about our luggage and promised them will organize to bring it next day to the Island " CONRAD " we stayed. And then he handed over an envelope with 600 $ cash ( for the inconinience , we should buy some clothes.. ). I even not asked one word, and better them not could take care.

Last edited by bertheike; Jan 9, 2015 at 2:23 am