FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:16 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by Jinxy
And to those of you that didn't bother to post what you got (whether you liked it or not) or didn't respond to wharvey's message...shame on you. This isn't the true spirit of what this is all about and it's a real pity that a few have to spoil it for others.
There was a post a few pages back by someone whose Santa was less than honorable, but the Santee really showed the spirit of season in their decision not to let one bad apple spoil their holiday or their pleasure in participating. It's sad when someone "cheats" in this lovely program, but I think it would be a mistake to allow them to spoil it for you. It can be hard, but I think the best thing to do is try to see the community joy instead of focusing on the rotter who didn't play fair. Part of the fun of the program for me is seeing the amazing things others found to give and reading the posts by the recipients.

I also see this program as an amazing gift to the whole FT community by Wharvey. He shows a great generosity of spirit in doing this for us all year after year - exactly how Santa is supposed to be!