FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about Malaysia travel…
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:58 pm
wolf72
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by tentseller
I will have business meeting in KL (InterCon) to Jan 23 and then SG (InterCon) from Jan 26 onward.

My DW will be with me as she has never traveled in this region. I am looking at spending Jan 23-25 in Melaka at the Hoilday Inn at Jalan Syed Ab. Aziz, Melaka.

What would be the recommended way of getting from KL to Melaka and then onto SG? We will be bringing our "luggage" of two 26 check in plus carry-on as I need business attire before and after the Melaka visit.
Is there a direct car service between the hotels? What would be the going rate for such?

TIA
I did this a couple of weeks back with the wife. We stayed at the Shangri-La in downtown KL..I had a business trip into KL for 2 nights and then we opted to hire a luxury taxi to take us down to Melaka for a 2D1N trip and then drop us off at the Johor airport. We took an airport taxi into Singapore via the 2nd link (the new bridge closer to the airport rather than driving all the way into downtown Johor and taking the older bridge).

The airport taxi's at johor airport are licensed to drive anywhere in Singapore to drop passengers. It was RM180 for the ride. We were at our hotel in Singapore within 45 minutes as it was lunch time.

The drive from KL to Melaka was about almost 2 hours plus.

The drive to Singapore was a tad bit boring..all on highway but we had a good driver who kept us entertained and was chatty and knew the places to visit in Melaka so we didn't need to hire a tour guide or go on a tour.

We got everything done/seen in Melaka in a short 2D1N and paid for his accomodations and of course paid for his services. It was reasonable.

The other option is to hire a car and drive it yourself but the hassles of not knowing what to see/where to go and then parking...we decided it was probably smarter to pay for the cab hire and to let him show us around and then drop us off in Johor airport.

Let me know if you want a recommendation for the chap we had who was pretty good.