FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's going on with CX food in J?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:30 pm
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Seems like OP got the "supper" service that is standard on all late night (post-11pm) departures. I've flown CX872 (midnight departure HKG-SFO) in J twice over the past year, and both times observed similar service. Either a full meal with packaged breadsticks with savory dips as an "appetizer", choice of two entrees, seasonal berries for dessert, and optional cheese course; or a light meal with soup, salad, and berries. I personally think this two-tray service (initial tray with appetizer and dessert, followed by entree) is ideal for a departure time like this, barring the lame excuse for an appetizer. Remember that this is business class, and for business travelers, a good night's sleep is way more important than good food.

FWIW, flew CX724 (5pm departure KUL-HKG) yesterday and got a full dinner service with cheese/fruit cart before Haagen-Dazs for dessert. Took a full 1.5-2 hours for the meal service - sometimes I wish they would have an "express" option of sorts, similar to supper, for people who want to work/nap on those shorter flights!