FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extreme delays in lost luggage delivery at EWR
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:02 am
weirdlyndon

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by patryktomaszewski
Because of weather, my flight from JAX to EWR was canceled on Jan 6 and I was put on JAX-IAD-EWR. My luggage was originally tagged for EWR direct and then it was retagged manually. Consequently, it was left at IAD and I had to file a claim. They said it would be 24h (which it usually is), but now I was told on the phone that due to severe delays the delivery window for the New York metropolitan area is 2-3 days.

Did anyone else have similar experiences with the EWR luggage recently? I am beyond frustrated at this point. Wheresmysuitcase.com does not have a phone number and United Luggage Services says they can't even get ahold of them.

Thanks for your help!
The number for Where's My Suitcase is (800) 221-6903. However it's most likely going to redirect you to contact United directly.

I'd also send a separate email to Customer Relations about this inconvenience, and seek compensation. This would also be a good time to invoke the travel benefits your credit card may offer if you have a travel rewards credit card that you purchased this airfare with.