FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's going on with CX food in J?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:06 am
Psychiatrist

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
I flew 5 flights in J and 1 in F in the last 2 weeks. KIX x 2, HND x 2, TPE x 2.

The F flight was fine. No drop in standard there. Catering was ex-HND and so it was probably better than ex-HKG.

I agree that meals have gotten even worse than before. I had this really fatty pork - I could barely dissect out the meat and it was bathed in a slimy brown sauce. The dish was disgusting. Unfortunately they came to take my order in advance (as a DM) and so I didn't have a chance to view the selection in the cart coming down the aisle.

On another flight, it was a sweet and sour chicken. The chicken was fine - but the vegetables were so soggy and bathed in a huge tub of water. It was bad.

Cheese and desserts were wheeled down the aisle as before. They seem to be handing out ice cream instead of having real desserts - I guess this cuts costs too.

I have DM friends who now fly to Japan on ANA and the catering looks absolutely fabulous - and I'm told it tastes great too. Unfortunately ex-HKG tickets to HND on NH are too expensive for me (ex-TPE CX J class tickets are too good!)