FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza, TX [Master Thread]
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:54 am
mbluecpa

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by missxmelon
I had about six stays here last June and July, so it's been six months or so.

I like this hotel a lot. FD always upgraded me to a suite because of my Platinum status, so no need to use SNAs here. The suites are clean, though you might find the decor outdated (I thought it was fine). The living room has a fold out couch bed, desk, "kitchenette" (sink and refrigerator), etc.

One week I checked in to find a bottle of wine waiting for me, which was a nice touch.

Also, this property is dog friendly, and I did have my border collie with me. Everyone at the FD loved him.

Another week the power went out because a transformer in the area blew out (wasn't the property's fault). However, everyone was given points as compensation, which was unexpected but cool.

Location-wise you're right next to City Centre so there are tons of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Parking at the hotel is free, too. (Not a covered garage though)

Only thing is that you're right next to I-10 and the beltway. If you're sensitive to noise, it can get loud. Also, avoid any rooms facing the swimming pool on the first floor. One of my co-workers got a room like that one week and said there was a large gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions!
I believe this is a description of the Four Points West in Houston as opposed to Southwest, particularly given the noted proximity to City Centre.