FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you switch a good seat for a worse seat?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:49 am
Michilander

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ceres
Long answer it was funny.. Flying Southwest I'm in the aisle my Doc buddy is in window seat. Last two people on the plane are mother and daughter. Daughters maybe 14. I'm in row five so when the flight attendant gets on the loudspeaker and asks will somebody move so they can sit the family together he stared right at me. I ignore him. This time he walks forward making it a aparent to everybody around me that he's basically asking me. I tell him no thanks.. He then proceeds to announce on the loudspeaker if somebody doesn't move the planes not going anywhere. I tell him I'm in no hurry. By this time my buddies laughing hysterically cause he knows what an ... I can be.

Now he decides to saunter over to me with the woman and her child in tow. I explained to him this is not a nanny state. I'm telling him on Southwest there's three ways at least to be able to sit together.
One is to pay the early boarding, two is to be in front of the computer to book 24 hours prior online, And three is to be there on time to get up and leave your house so that you can do family boarding between the A group and the B group. And that it was not my duty to make allotment for somebody that refuses to help himself.

But in the end karma bit me in the .... No I did not have to move, But the woman that gave up her seat to sit in the middle between me and my doc buddy, Well let's just say we need to pick up both armrests to get her in between us...

So I did get to keep my aisle seat but I spent half the flight hanging in the middle of the aisle so as not to get crushed
Not sure what I am missing here. If you had traded wouldn't you have been next to the same woman, but in the middle seat?