FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First World Problems : Mostly *A J, some Y and BA J
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:32 pm
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
SK1805 arn - pmi B737-36N LN-RGB

After a few weeks of Sweden's greyness the bright sunshine of Mallorca was calling like a Syen's song. Having spent all my life in Australia and enjoying the hot summers, Sweden's cold was getting to me. The forecast 20 Degrees in Mallorca never sounded so good.

Like last time OLCI provided an iPhone BP: (This image is for the return flight.)

and the kiosk printed the tag. Now I can see why priority luggage can be a hit and miss affair. Look how small the printing is compared to the big orange arrows manual check-in provides:

Moral of the story : use the TK*G card and go to the manual check-in counter.

Back at the SK lounge and I noticed that the Swedish fetish for alcohol free beer is continued there. If you're after a drink just look for the alcohol level first.

French wine was available in the lounge, the same wine as was in the Hilton Executive lounge a few days earlier. I could talk about Swedes and alcohol and Systembolaget for hours, but I wont.

There was no hot food, but sufficient cold options for breakfast.

I went to the gate at 06:30 (for an 06:55 scheduled departure) and the plane as in darkness and there was no sign of activity. "This doesn't look good" my rather astute self proclaimed to nobody in particular. Shortly after there was an announcement that there was a battery problem, they had called the Swedish Airport version of the Automobile Association, but they may have to swap the aircraft.

Back to the lounge and I was impressed with the frequent and timely SMS messages I received as boarding times were updated. Fortunately a replacement aircraft wasn't required. New departure times of 07:35, 07L45 and 07:55 were advised.

Eventually push back was at 07:58 and takeoff at 08:10. There was a screaming child just ahead of me and two talkative loud girls behind me. The flight was full.

Only over the Swiss alps did the clouds start to break up leaving clear blue skies for the rest of the flight. At one stage over the alps the captain announced the flight ahead of us had advised there was turbulence so the seat belt sign came on. Nothing eventuated.

Landed 11:27, gate at 11:34 and the tiny priority tag didn't work.