FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First World Problems : Mostly *A J, some Y and BA J
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:01 pm
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
SK690 (Operated by Blue 1) lin - arn B717 OH-BLP

2 days after my marathon effort I arrived at Milano Linate airport 2 hours prior to departure and there was already a very long queue at check-in. Thank goodness for the TK*G card.

There were two of us travelling, on the same ticket, but they were unable to seat us together. Damn OLCI. We got E seats 2nd and 3rd from the back. TK*G didn't help me here!

But TK*G did allow me to use the Via Milano express path. Initially though they wouldn't let me pass. I had to explain what TK*G mean on the BP. Next time I must bring the card. I had a similar problem at the lounge. Because they were a contracted lounge, they needed to site the card for the membership number and expiry date. Lucky I had this information somewhere on my iPhone and so reluctantly we were allowed in to sample the delights which included cold snacks and plenty to drink for breakfast.

OH-BLP is in Star Alliance colours.

There was a bus to the plane and once on board I noticed another couple talking across an aisle who obviously had been split up like us. Maybe their computer system does this on purpose?

So I organised 3 parties to facilitate a seat swap and everyone was happy.

Boarding was advertised for 09:55, doors closed early and we started to taxi at 10:25 for a scheduled 10:25 departure. Take off was to the north through the haze providing great views of nothing. The seats were very cramped with limited leg room. It was a smooth flight but uncomfortably warm all the way. Coffee, tea and water were offered. Other items were available for purchase.

There was thick cloud most of the way which only cleared in the last 40 minutes. This provided me with a false early impression of the weather I was to endure in Stockholm in the coming months.

We landed early at 12:41 (scheduled 13:05) and we were at gate 10 at 12:44 and our luggage was on the belt before we got there. I love Arlanda for its efficient luggage processing.