FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First World Problems : Mostly *A J, some Y and BA J
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:32 pm
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
ZRH Arrivals Lounge

Zurich is a large, clean and efficient airport. I had a leisurely connection so took the opportunity to visit the arrivals lounge. I followed the signs to arrivals, then through customs and the arrivals lounge is immediately on your left. Buzz a video door bell, tell them Joe sent you (well, not really) then catch a lift up one floor to be greeted by the lounge ladies.

Access to the showers requires your BP to be scanned as does the 24 hour free WiFi. Shower rooms are named after cities : I got Delhi. They are all well lit and basically equipped (no razor, comb or toothbrush for example).

Via a 2 way door you can get your trousers pressed while you shower. Back in the lounge the WiFi is good and easy. The lounge was quiet, about half full and mostly work type areas without many comfy chairs.

The signage to departures wasn't so easy to find, but maybe I can put that down to 24 hours of flying. Just turn left out of the lounge main door (on the lounge reception level) then it's am efficient security queue with priority for business class etc although some people still seem to fiddle a lot when their turn comes.

I took everything off except shoes but still made the machine go bing, so I got a free full body massage.

From there it is a short walk to the lounge with separate sections for business and another for gold. If you've connecting like I did, I'd recommend staying in the arrivals lounge as long as you can. Besides, I forgot my European / Australian adapter there, so that is waiting for you if you get there before me.