FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Rollover Nights - Update Time?
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:09 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Not bragging but mine just showed up this morning. Had been zero posted prior to today since 1/1. I now have over 300 ERN's posted (which is correct).

My issue with IHG is due to my activity with them. I should be given Royal Ambassador or some sort of lifetime status which I would have received with Marriott. Just because the vast majority of my stays are with HIX, HI and Staybridge properties, I should be recognized at IC's in the same manner without any purchase or need to achieve another status point in a side program. My view of why IHG should overhaul their soon to be 3 frequent stay programs...getting rid of Royal Ambassador/Ambassador would be a good start for IHG.
So if you feel you need and deserve RA do what we all have to do
1. Purhase Ambassador Status for us$200
(without which staying even 300 IC nights a year will not get you RA status)
2. Stay at least 20x IC nights on qual rates in 3x different IC's

Though to be honest why would you need Ambassador or RA status if you never stay at an IC

For all we know you could average HIE's/HI's at us$60 per night for 350nights per year, and so only spend us$21000 in total on rooms

Staying at IC's, one can spend that on just 30nights in IC's in main European or USA cities like London, Paris, Amsterdam on 500euro/night upwards.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 6, 2015 at 7:16 pm