FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:16 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I followed the thread.

I believe they said that its the revenue department that decides what is offered. And that they would check to see if there was an error.

Its an answer. Its not the answer anybody wants to hear, but its better than speculation. Like I said, the programme will progress (evolve or whatever word you chose to use) despite their presence here.

Would you rather the truth, or just assume whatever you like?

Come to think of it: forget what you want... If you don't like the answer they give, you'll say its "marketing and obfuscation" or other things like that. As I have been told by people to do, you can choose to ignore or block their posts. I want to see the light, even if I don't like its hue. Ignorance was never anything I strove for...
There was no offer to check if it was an error. And yes he said it was RM. He said: "I'm sorry if you have issues finding space with IKK, certain routes on certain dates may have limited space due to availability constraints or because RM forecasts the cabin going out with a high percentage of paid J, but as others have indicated there are certainly routes and dates with available R space. To my knowledge there is still no other FFP that offers the same level of availability to its top tier elites, and we use the J inventory restrictions on international flights as a way to try and ensure we can maintain it."

The phrase "certain routes and dates" has been consistently used as a generic disclaimer for years about IKK and R space in general. It is marketing and obfuscation, it does not reflect the widespread change in R (and therefore IKK) availability, and is thus not an answer. It is not a case of me disliking the answer, it is a case of not getting an answer. The cave remains just as dark as it was before. We are no wiser on the how or why than before. In fact, if it was up to AC, we would continue to think that IKK has the same level of availability as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Which just isn't true. And blaming it on RM is not an answer either. I don't care if it is loyalty or RM or whoever--the fact remains that IKK has been drastically cut to almost zero on certain routes.

Their answers are non answers sometimes. I am delighted to have them here. I don't expect to like the truthful answers they provide all the time. But I do expect honesty, not obfuscation. And I do expect to be able to debate or question when reality doesn't match with their answers.