FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Plat Cruise benefit: experiences and fine print (2006 - 2021)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:09 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wripro
I take two or three cruises a year, On each one I get a $300 shipboard credit plus some other kind of gift including a bottle of Dom Perignon. I get the $200 yearly airline credit. I use the Centurion lounges, especially Dallas, at least six to eight times a year. At $50 a pop that's about $400. I also use the Priority Pass lounges world wide. The $450 fee pays for itself several times over imo.
This pricks my interest! Did you book thru the AMEX travel dept? Were you in mini suite and above?

We cruise 2 to 3 times a year. In fact did a short one in Feb, and another short one 3 weeks ago. Will do another one 20 days from now. We might do a TATL in April. I always book with my cruise agent whom I have used for many years and she is a top producer of the AMEX Consortium. I have never thought about the Plat card benefits in this area. Though we normally only book last minute and not above balcony cabin.

The Priority Pas is very useful when traveling internationally in short haul coach flights. We used it a few times last year when we traveled inside China with domestic coach flights.

We were also very pleased by the services provided thru the rental car coverage, though that is not limited to Plat card but I got a feeling that Plat card holders got a bit more speedy handling.